MATHEMATICS AND STATISTICS
Dr. Sumit Giri
Areas of Interest
- Analytic and Additive Number Theory
- Elliptic curves over finite fields.
- Distribution of Primes
- Probabilistic Aspects of Number Theory
- Sieve Methods
- Additive Combinatorics
- Ph.D, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai, India
- M. Math , Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India
- B.Sc, University of Calcutta, India
- On Additive Representation Functions (with R. Balasubramanian), International Journal of Number Theory, 11, No. 4 (2015) 1165-1176.
- Mean-Value of Product of Shifted Multiplicative Functions and Average Number of Points on Elliptic Curves (with R. Balasubramanian). Journal of Number Theory, 157 (2015), 37-53.
- Poisson distribution of a prime counting function corresponding to elliptic curves. (with R. Balasubramanian). International Mathematics Research Notices, 24 (2016), 7369-7389.
- On correlation of certain multiplicative functions. (with R. Balasubramanian and Priyamvad Srivastav). Journal of Number Theory, 174 (2017), 221-238.
- An appendix in An asymptotic for the average number of amicable pairs for elliptic curves. (by James Parks). arXiv:1410.5888v2 [math.NT]. To appear in Mathematical Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society.