Areas of Interest
- Experimental Condensed Matter Physics
- Experiments at extreme conditions: very low temperatures, high magnetic fields and high pressures
- Strongly correlated electron phenomena, e.g., spin-orbit coupled iridates, triangular and kagome
quantum spin-liquid, Mott metal-insulator transition, superconductivity, and magnetism
- Ph.D, Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany (2012)
- M.Sc, Physics, IIT Bombay (2006)
- B.Sc, Physics, RKM Vidyamandira, Belur Math, Calcutta University (2004)
- E. Gati, M. Garst, R. S. Manna, U. Tutsch, B. Wolf, L. Bartosch, H. Schubert, T. Sasaki, J. A. Schlueter, and M. Lang, Breakdown of Hooke’s law of elasticity at the Mott critical endpoint in an organic conductor, Science Advances 2, e1601646 (2016).
R. S. Manna, P. Das, M. Souza, F. Schnelle, M. Lang, J. Mueller, S. von Molnár, and Z. Fisk, Lattice strain accompanying the colossal magnetoresistance effect in EuB6, Physical Review Letters 113, 067202 (2014).
- R. S. Manna, M. Souza, R. Kato, and M. Lang, Lattice effects in the quasi-two-dimensional valence-bond-solid Mott insulator EtMe3P[Pd(dmit)2]2, Physical Review B 89, 045113 (2014).
R. S. Manna, B. Wolf, M. Souza, and M. Lang, High-resolution thermal expansion measurements under Helium-gas pressure, Review of Scientific Instruments 83, 085111 (2012).
- R. S. Manna, M. Souza, A. Bruehl, J. A. Schlueter, and M. Lang, Lattice effects and entropy release at the low-temperature phase transition in the spin-liquid candidate κ-(ET)2Cu2(CN)3, Physical Review Letters 104, 016403 (2010).