- Ph.D. 1986, University of California, Berkeley, Computer Science, (Thesis: Geometric Methods for Digital Image Analysis); Advisor 1: Thomas Francis Budinger, Advisor 2: William Paul Thurston, http://genealogy.math.ndsu.nodak.edu/id.php?id=185768
- DPhil 1990, University of California, Los Angeles, (Thesis: Statistical and Computational Inverse Problems), Advisor: Alampallam Venkatachalaiyer Balakrishnan (A. V. Balakrishnan), http://genealogy.math.ndsu.nodak.edu/id.php?id=193690
- Patent 9,462,440, Community interaction using mobile communication devices, (with Vishwanathan; Kumar K., Sundar; Rangamani, Raman; Kumar, Hariharasubramani; Girish), October 4, 2016.
- Patent 9,076,888, Silicided recessed silicon, (with Nejad; Hasan, Figura; Thomas A., Haller; Gordon A., Meldrim; John Mark, Harnish; Justin), July 7, 2015.
- Patent 8,725,777, Object recognition and localization service using RFID, (with Deking; Alois Ludwig, Pappu; Ravikanth Srinivasa), May 13, 2014 [radio-frequency identification (RFID)]
- Patent: 8,526,751, “Managing image storage size”, September 3, 2013 (with Mitchell; Joan LaVerne).
- Patent 8,233,894, System and method for sending mobile media content to another mobile device user, (with Vishwanathan; Kumar K., Sundar; Rangamani, Goldstein; James A.), July 31, 2012