- Ph.D. 1986, University of California, Berkeley, Computer Science, (Thesis: Geometric Methods for Digital Image Analysis); Advisor 1: Thomas Francis Budinger, Advisor 2: William Paul Thurston, http://genealogy.math.ndsu.nodak.edu/id.php?id=185768
- DPhil 1990, University of California, Los Angeles, (Thesis: Statistical and Computational Inverse Problems), Advisor: Alampallam Venkatachalaiyer Balakrishnan (A. V. Balakrishnan), http://genealogy.math.ndsu.nodak.edu/id.php?id=193690
- Patent 9,910,909, "Method and apparatus for extracting journey of life attributes of a user from user interactions", (with Hegde; Darshan, Adusumilli; Kranthi Mitra, Kulkarni; Subhash Ramchandra), March 6, 2018.
- Patent 9,683,856, "Evacuation navigation device", (with McNabb; Lea Ann), June 20, 2017.
- Patent 9,462,440, "Community interaction using mobile communication devices", (with Vishwanathan; Kumar K., Sundar; Rangamani, Raman; Kumar, Hariharasubramani; Girish), October 4, 2016.
- Patent 9,076,888, "Silicided recessed silicon", (with Nejad; Hasan, Figura; Thomas A., Haller; Gordon A., Meldrim; John Mark, Harnish; Justin), July 7, 2015.
- Patent 8,830,921, "Channel assignment for wireless access networks", (with Jetcheva; Jorjeta, Gupta; Vinay, Kanodia; Sachin, Natarajan; Mohan), September 9, 2014.
- Patent: 8,526,751, “Managing image storage size”, September 3, 2013 (with Mitchell; Joan LaVerne).